What are the advantages of studying in Australia?
- Degrees are globally recognize
- Education costs is lower in comparison with UK & USA
- Universities are known for being research focused & technology driven
- Friendly and co-operative people; A large pool of international students
- Pleasant weather around the year
- Post qualification work & settlement options
- MNC firms and a developed economy
- Students can work while studying
What is the application process for Australia?
The institutions in Australia are divided in Tafe, private providers & universities. Australian institutions offer programs ranging from Year 11 & 12, diplomas, bachelor degrees, Graduate & postgraduate diplomas, Masters (By coursework & Research), PHD.
- Marksheets & Passing certificate of Year 10 & Year 12
- IELTS Result Copy (If not given- conditional offer letter will be issued)
- Marksheets of Bachelor’s degree
- Degree Certificate (Provisional degree certificate is acceptable, if original not received till date)
- Marksheets & Degree certificate for PG/Masters degree, if completed in India.
- Work Experience certificates (if applicable)
- Statement of purpose/ Recommendation letters (Depending on course)
- Application fees draft (Depending on the university)
What are the visa application requirements?
Australian Embassy has given very clear visa guidelines. Along with submission of forms, funds have to be shown to the embassy which cover a student (and dependants in case spouse or children are accompanying) for studies, living and travel cost. Duration of the years for which funds have to be calculated and who can sponsor depends on the kind of program the student is going for. The funds to be shown can be calculated as below:
How much does Australian Education cost?
The cost can be categorized on the basis of level of programs:
- Diploma Programs : AUD 8,000 – AUD 15,000 per year
- Bachelor’s Degrees: AUD 9,000 –AUD 24,000 per year
- Master’s Degrees : AUD 9,000 – AUD 25,000 per year
What are the housing options available?
There are different accommodation options that can be taken by a student. Majority of students prefer living with friends in shared accommodation where they are able to share costs on rent, power, food etc. The other options available are:
- Homestay: AUD 100- AUD 300 per week
- Shared Accommodation : AUD 100 – AUD 400 per week
- Campus Accommodation: AUD 100 – AUD 275 per week
What are the living expenses in Australia?
On an average, an international student spends about 800 – 1000 AUD per month on accommodation, food, clothing, entertainment, transport & other costs. It is important to note that an individual’s cost may vary as per their location, course & lifestyle.
Can I work while I am studying?
An international student is allowed to work 20 hours per week once they commence their studies, during the session and during vacations they can work full time.
Are Scholarships available?
Australia provides a lot of merit based and institution based scholarship programs. Students who excel in their studies are awarded with these scholarships irrespective of their physical or financial conditions. Other criteria for the selection of students are based on their participation in extracurricular activities and outstanding athletic abilities. Academic scholarships, Athletic scholarships, Commonwealth Scholarships and many other scholarships for overseas or foreign students are offered in Australia.