What are the advantages of studying in Singapore?
By being in Singapore, you will get a chance to be plugged into an education system that promotes excellence and be part of a progressive, cosmopolitan community. Following are some of the advantages of studying in Singapore:-
- A developed economy with a high quality of life
- Epicentre of more than US$ 5,000 Billion worth of business in South Asia
- Hub for Educational Excellence
- Friendly & co-operative people
- Infrastructure and Accessibility
- A Vibrant City Lifestyle
What is the Application procedure for Singapore?
Application procedures are dependent on the type of institutions the students are applying to. In general, one needs to check the application procedures with the educational institution of choice.
In general, the Singapore application process is very simple; following documents are required to apply for any PEO in Singapore.
- Application Fee Draft
- Application form
- Academic Documents
- Passport Copy
- Birth Certificate
- Passport Size snaps
- Work Experience letter ( if applicable)
What are the VISA Application requirements?
Like the application process, Singapore visa process is also very simple. For Singapore, the institute applies for the visa on behalf of the student. The student has to fill two visa forms:-
- Form v36
- Form 16
- The funds to be shown are:-
ü Bachelor/ Masters – S$ 30000 (Rs.10 Lakhs approx.)
ü Diplomas – Rs.5 -10 Lakhs
What are the housing options available?
- Rental varies depending on geographical area, demand, facilities provided and the number of people sharing.
- Boarding fees cover lodging, meals, laundry, tutorials, pastoral guidance, 24-hour security, recreational facilities, orientation & development programmes.
- Public housing refers to government-subsidized flats developed by the Housing and Development Board, commonly called the HDB flats.
The classified advertisements in the local newspapers are a good source of listing of rooms and apartments for rent.
How much does Singapore education cost?
The education costs in Singapore vary according to the duration of the course. On an average the duration is as follows:-
- Diplomas- 6 months- 2 years (Cost- S$5000-s$ 20000)
- Bachelors- 2-4 years (Cost- S$ 24000- S$55000)
- Masters- 1- 1.5 years (Cost- S$ 18,500- S$ 30000)
What are the living expenses?
Below is a guide on the cost of living in Singapore. Some typical fees are:
Can I work while am studying?
Foreign students are not allowed to engage in any form of employment in Singapore, whether during term time or vacation time, unless they are studying at government universities (NUS, NTU, SMU). The students studying at these universities are allowed to work part time- 16 hrs a week.
What are the possibilities for me to stay in Singapore after studies?
In general, after course completion the students are allowed to stay in Singapore for 1 month on Social Visit Pass. Employment pass is required to work in Singapore; the employer applies for the same on behalf of the employee.
Are Scholarships available?
The PEOs like MDIS, PSB Academy provide scholarships to the international students. Generally scholarships vary between S$1000- S$10000 and are given on merit basis. One has to check the updated status on scholarships with the institutes at the time of applying.