For more than a century, the University has developed a tradition of strong international links in teaching and research and programmes of national significance and international quality. Victoria is committed to providing students with opportunities to acquire, understand and apply disciplinary and interdisciplinary knowledge, as well as related skills and attitudes, and to enhance their personal development.
Situated in the capital city across four campuses, Victoria can take advantage of connections and values its relationships with iwi, business, government, the judiciary, public and private research organisations, cultural organisations and resources, other universities and tertiary providers and the international community through the diplomatic corps. Wellington has a reputation for being a vibrant city where learning doesn’t stop at the University’s doors.
Victoria is a thriving community of almost 25,000 people. Most, of course, are students – of all nationalities, from all walks of life – who have come to learn in the vital, open environment that only university study can offer. Some impressive statistics about the University are as under:
* 56% of students were women.
* 44% of students were men.
* 1713 identified as Maori students.
* 1024 identified as Pacific students.
* 18,615 were domestic students.
* 2765 were international students.
* 5751 degrees, diplomas and certificates were awarded.
Some of the major programs:
- Bachelor of Architectural Studies (BAS)
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE)- Electronic and Computer System Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE)- Network Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE)- Software Engineering
- Bachelor of Science (BSc)- Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science (BSc)- Electronic and Computer Systems
- Bachelor of Business Information Systems
- Bachelor of Commerce and Administration (BCA)
- Bachelor of Design Innovation
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science
- Bachelor of Building Science
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Tourism Management
- Master of Architecture
- Master of Design
- Master of Applied Finance
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Information Management
- Master of Management Studies
- Master of Tourism Management
- Postgraduate Diploma Human Resource Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration