What are the advantages of studying in USA?
USA is considered to be one of the most widely chosen study destination for international students. Apex institutions of learning, infinite study choices, international recognition, industrial training and research, flexibility, exciting campus life, global vision are the main features that make USA perfect for the international students.
- USA has most number of multinational corporations in the world and most of the management professionals in these firms have a USA degree; They hold USA degrees in very high esteem
- Degrees are globally recognized & command high respect across the world
- Universities are known for being research focused & technology driven
- USA universities offers one of the best all-round learning exposure to students; Most universities have large campus with huge facilities for sports and recreational activities
- Widest employment and business options available; high effective global alumni network
- Friendly & co-operative people
- Post Qualification work & settlement options
- Can work while studying
What is the application process for USA?
Compared to other countries, admission procedures in US universities are very competitive for international students. Universities and colleges have their own criteria in selection of their students. Most of them prefer the students to apply to them at least before one year.
What are the Visa application requirements?
Before applying for the visa, the student needs to be accepted by the institution. After the institution accepts the candidate, they will provide the necessary approval documentation which is required to apply for the visa. Visa application requirements include:
- Have a residence abroad, with no immediate intention of abandoning that residence
- Intend to depart from the United States upon completion of the course of study
- Possess sufficient funds to pursue the proposed course of study.
What are the housing options available?
Accommodation is very important as it is significant for your successful studies in USA. In USA you are provided with two options- campus and off campus housing. Universities provide dormitories with necessary facilities. Or else you can easily a rent house off campus.
How much does USA education cost?
The tuition fee is not same for different universities. It varies widely with courses. A brief idea is shown in the following table:
What are the living expenses in USA?
The approximate annual living expense in USA is about $10,000. It includes accommodation as well as other daily expenses. The expenses vary depending on the lifestyles. The main expenses can be split up as:
Can I work while I am studying?
Working while study is a popular option for students in the United States. Students are allowed to do part time jobs up to 20 hours per week as a full time student. During holidays this is extended up to 40 hours per week.
Are Scholarships available?
International students are provided with scholarships by the universities to support their education expenses. This range from a few hundred dollars to full scholarships. Private scholarships are also available. They are the educational gifts given by various organizations or individuals, predominantly for academic merit.